Cox High Speed Internet Discount
Special offer for LSUHSC students, faculty and staff from Cox Communications
Cox High Speed Internet Preferred Service
- Now with up to 50Mbps downstream and 5Mbps upstream. (Requires a DOCSIS 3.0 modem.)
- Available to new and existing Cox customers
- No long-term contracts required
- Access to over 300,000 WiFi hotspots across the U.S. at no additional charge
- Includes Free PowerBoost™ which gives an extra burst of speed when downloading / uploading large files
- Keep photos, videos, music and all your important files safe with our cloud storage solution called Cloud Drive. Free with Preferred or higher packages.
- Free Cox Online Security (a $169 value) which includes Cox Security Suite Plus powered by McAfee
- 10 e-mail addresses, with IMAP, POP and webmail access, 2 GB of storage per mailbox, integrated Spam Blocker, and allows 20 MB messages
- Customer and technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- One bill available for all the services you receive from Cox
$46.79 per month, for 24 months, for Cox High Speed Internet Preferred service (CHSI) with another service (Cox TV, Cox Telephone) (28% discount)
- $48.23 per month, for 24 months, for Cox High Speed Internet Preferred service (CHSI) (28% discount)
- 28% discount also applies to Premier and Ultimate packages
|**If you are currently in a Cox High Speed Internet promotional discount, you must either wait until that period has ended or cancel that promotion by calling Cox**|
|**After 24 months, you must reapply for your discount**|
- If you already have CHSI service, NO installation is necessary. Cox will change your rate once you have placed an order through the LSUHSC/Cox page.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions. Deposits may apply if services are added.
- Cox has 2 installation options for your convenience. Just choose the option that is right for you.
- Self installation
- Professional Installation
Available only to residential High Speed Internet customers, actively employed LSUHSC employees and/or faculty and actively enrolled LSUHSC students within the Cox New Orleans wired serviceable area. Not valid in combination with certain offers, including bulk accounts. The $46.79 monthly service rate reflects a discount of $18.20/mo. for 24 months, for actively employed LSUHSC employees and/or faculty and actively enrolled LSUHSC students from the $64.99 monthly service rate for High Speed Preferred Internet service with another Cox service like Cox TV and/or Cox Digital Telephone. The $48.23 monthly service rate reflects a discount of $18.76/mo. for 24 months, for actively employed LSUHSC employees and/or faculty and actively enrolled LSUHSC students from the $66.99 monthly service rate for High Speed Preferred Internet service. After 24 months, if Cox customer is still a High Speed Internet Preferred Internet customer and still an active employee/faculty or student actively enrolled at LSUHSC, they must re-apply for their discount. Discount is discontinued upon termination of active employment/enrollment at LSUHSC.
Cox cannot guarantee uninterrupted or error-free high-speed Internet service, or the speed of your service. If you are using an MS operating system other than Vista/Windows 7 (e.g., Microsoft XP), your registry keys must be updated to enable maximum speed performance. Actual speeds may vary. Visit www.cox.com/speed for more information. For best performance a Cox approved modem is required. Visit http://support.cox.com for a list of Cox approved modems and minimum computer requirements. Cable modem sold separately. The McAfee services, Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Anti-phishing, Firewall, Parental Controls and Identity Protection, SiteAdvisor and SecurityCenter are included with your subscription to Cox High Speed Internet and will automatically terminate upon termination of your Cox High Speed Internet service. Cox cannot guarantee the intended results from the McAfee services or that the McAfee software will be error-free, free from interruptions or other failures. The McAfee services and features are subject to change. McAfee, McAfee Total Protection and SiteAdvisor are trademarks or registered trademarks of McAfee, Inc., and/or its affiliates. PowerBoost temporarily increases your download speeds for the first 18- 22 Mb of a file when extra bandwidth is available. PowerBoost is only available with Cox Preferred, Premier and Ultimate services. The maximum download speeds without PowerBoost are as follows: Preferred 50 Mbps; Premier 100 Mbps; Ultimate 150 Mbps. PowerBoost is a registered trademark of Comcast Corporation. Used with permission. Installation, equipment, franchise fees and other fees may apply. All prices and offers subject to change. Taxes, fees and other surcharges are additional. Other restrictions apply. © 2013 Cox Communications, LLC All rights reserved.