The Biological Safety Officer (BSO) provides oversight and consultation for research that involves the handling of biological materials to eliminate or reduce potential exposure of personnel or the environment. The BSO works closely with the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) to ensure that research activities are conducted in compliance with National Institutes of Health guidelines and all other applicable regulations.
If you have a question or require support, contact Taylor Kriete, Biological Safety Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-568-6586.
- American Biological Safety Association Risk Group Classification for Infectious Agents
- CDC Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (5th Edition Dec 2009)
- CDC Etiologic Agent Import Permit Program
- Pathogen Safety Data Sheets and Risk Assessment
- NIH Office of Biotechnology/rDNA Guidelines
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (RG)