Invoice Payment Processes
- AP receives invoice from vendor
- Invoice is date/time stamped
- PO number is identified
- All invoices are sorted alphabetically
- AP searches Purchasing system to identify department
- AP scans invoices in batch by department
- AP emails scanned invoices to department for approval, original invoices kept in AP
- Departments review and respond with approved invoices via email
- AP prints out email approval and attaches this copy to original invoices
- Accounting Specialist inputs invoice payment via AP voucher
- AP vouchers are selected when pay cycles are run
- Checks are printed and mailed and the cycle begins again
- AP runs pay cycles daily
- AP vouchers must pass all necessary PS payable processes before being selected for a pay cycle
- Currently, all vouchers are being processed as "due immediately" and are usually mailed the same day they are printed
Any PO's issued for products/services where billing is usually scheduled (monthly, quarterly, etc.) and is always the same monetary amount are paid on initial receipt of the invoice by the AP staff.
A copy of the "paid" invoice(s) is sent to the department for their records after payment has been made.
When there is a clear indication that a PO is complete, and the amount of the freight line is greater than the freight amount on the invoice, AP will finalize the vouchered line. (i.e.. if a PO is set for $1,000.00, the merchandise is $950.00 and the freight is $50, but the invoice received is $950.00 for merchandise and $25.00 for freight). Please note that AP can only finalize a freight line when there is voucher activity. If the PO has a line for freight, but the vendor does not bill for freight, AP cannot finalize. The department must request cancelation by Purchasing.