The Accounting Services department of the LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans performs accounting, reporting, and record keeping functions for the LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans campus. This department reports to the Vice Chancellor for Finance.
The department consists of the following sections:
Billing and Accounts Receivable
The primary responsibilities of the Accounting Services department are:
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements and Surveys
- Preparation of the Facility and Administrative Cost Proposal and other cost accounting reports
- Maintenance of the PeopleSoft Financial General Ledger, Asset Management, Billing,
and Accounts Receivable Systems
- Creation of new PeopleSoft ChartString Values
- Loading and Posting PeopleSoft General Ledger Journal Entries
- Managing and Reconciling all University Bank Accounts
- Billing and Collection of all non-research grants and contracts
- Billing and Collection of Tuition and Fees
- Managing and Reconciling all University property
- Ensuring all LSUHSC employees are compensated and appropriate withholdings and remittances
are identified for payroll related taxes
- Ensures payment to vendors and reimbursement to faculty and staff for business and travel expenses
To view our third-party servicer contract for refund management, click here.
Visit Bursar Operations for more information.
Coronavirus Accounting Services Guidelines
433 Bolivar Street
Resource Center Building 6th Floor
New Orleans, LA 70112