Sponsored Projects may already have a completed questionnaire for a given subrecipient. Please contact N.O.Sponproj@lsuhsc.edu if you need a questionnaire in order to prepare your risk assessment.
Uniform Guidance, Section 200.331 requires a risk analysis to evaluate the likelihood that a subrecipient will fail to comply with the requirements of the subaward.
"If a subrecipient already has a negotiated indirect cost rate established with their cognizant agency for indirect cost, the negotiated rate must be used. It is not permissible for pass-through entities to force or entice a proposed subrecipient without a negotiated rate to accept less than the de minimis rate."
1. The department/PI is required to:
- complete the information section at the top of the form (Please make sure the PI signs off on the form.)
- complete all the rows highlighted in blue. Please put an "x" next to your selection.
- submit original form to Sponsored Projects for processing
2. The Risk Assessment Committee will review the risk assessment form along with the Subrecipient Questionnaire.
3. The completed Risk Assessment form will be returned to the department.
4. The department will attach a copy of the Risk Assessment form to the subcontract before routing to the Contract Office.
Risk Assessment will be performed on active subcontracts as of July 1, 2015.
Subrecipient vs Contractor form
Before starting a subcontract questionnaire or subcontract agreement, the "Subrecipient vs Contractor form" has to be completed to ensure an organization is classified correctly. If the organization falls under the "Subrecipient" category, please have the "Subrecipient Questionnaire (if applicable)" and the Risk Assessment forms completed.
SAM.GOV and DUNS
If a subrecipient is registered in SAM.gov, please check to see if they are "active".
Use SAM.gov or the DUNS website https://www.dandb.com/dunsnumberlookup/ to verify subrecipient’s DUNS number
This must be documented. Please print out a screenshot.
The person verifying this information should write the following information on the screenshot:
o Name of person who checked
o Signature of person who checked