Finalizations = AP or
Cancelations = Purchasing
- When requesting finalization of a PO that has already been vouchered in AP, you must also provide the last voucher number (largest voucher number) listed. If there are multiple lines on the PO, you must reference the appropriate last voucher number for the respective lines. If there is a PO line(s) without AP voucher activity, the PO line(s) must be canceled by Purchasing.
- The following is an excerpt from page 67 of the BUSINESS MANAGER TRAINING, MANAGING ENCUMBRANCES PARTICIPANTS GUIDE.
- THE RECEIPT, INVOICE AND MATCHED QUANTITIES ARE EQUAL, BUT THE DOLLAR AMOUNT INVOICED IS LESS THAN (<) THE PO LINE AMOUNT ON ANY OF THE PO LINES:
- The last Invoice (Voucher) can be finalized by AP to relieve the remaining encumbrance amount for that PO Line. Therefore, the Department should return the final Invoice to AP with a note requesting them to finalize the Voucher. If the Invoice was returned and the Department was not aware that it was the final Invoice, contact AP via e-mail to request that the Voucher be finalized.
The users should note the following scenarios prior to contacting AP:
For PO Lines distributed by Quantity, there is an automatic finalization process that will finalize the Vouchers by month end (at the end of each period). Therefore, the user would only need to be concerned with the PO Lines distributed by Quantity towards the end of the Fiscal Year. And, for any PO lines that do not reflect any voucher activity, cancelation requests should be addressed to Purchasing.
For PO Lines distributed by Amount (generally Blanket or Standing POs), the Department should return the final Invoice to AP with a note requesting them to finalize the Voucher. If the Invoice was returned and the Department was not aware that it was the final Invoice, contact the AP Manager via e-mail to finalize the Voucher as these will not automatically finalize by month end. Still, if any of these PO lines do not reflect voucher activity, cancelation requests should be addressed to Purchasing.
The following is the navigation to use to access PO ACTIVITY SUMMARY:
Purchasing>Purchase Orders>Review PO Information>Activity Summary
- You will be prompted for PO number, key in PO number
- Click Search
- On the Activity Summary Panel, click on the tab titled "Invoice".
- Once selected, click the envelope/$ icon on the far right to view the listing of voucher ID's. If more than one voucher has been paid, the last one paid will be the largest assigned number.
- Click on the hyperlinked voucher number to see the details pertaining to the payment.
- If the Invoice (Voucher) button appears on the PO line (i.e... the icon next to the Currency field), this indicates that a payment(s) has been made by Accounts Payable for the PO line.
- If a payment has not been made by AP for the PO line, the Invoice (Voucher) button would not appear on this page.
- Although, the Invoice (i.e... the document from the Vendor) and Voucher (i.e.. the document generated by Accounts Payable in the PeopleSoft system to pay the vendor invoice) are really two separate documents, PeopleSoft refers to a Voucher as an Invoice.