If you have a need to exchange large files with non-LSUHSC-NO users, LSU Health FileS has been setup for this purpose. Documentation can be found on the Postmaster's website at https://www.lsuhsc.edu/admin/it/email/lsuhealthfiles.aspx. For specific use cases where LSU Health FileS is not applicable, we do offer FTP, FTPS, and SFTP services.
We offer FTP services on our Intranet Farm. On our Internet Farm, we additionally offer FTPS and SFTP services.
If you are in need of one or more of these services, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- What would access to the FTP site be used for?
- Would any secure or protected health information be transferred?
- Will this need to be accessible from outside the Network?
- How long will this access be needed?
- How much content will be transferred and what is the size of the content?
- How often will files be uploaded?
- How long will the content remain before it is transferred off and deleted?
- What do you expect maximum space occupied at any one time will be?
- We would also like contact information for all involved in the use of FTP.
- Will users need upload access or just download access? Please specify which type they will need.
For external vendors, this does require a logon account and an affiliation will need to be setup through Information Security. Forms are available at https://intranet.lsuhsc.edu/it/security/.
*For areas that use SFTP, there is a small annual charge to cover vendor costs.