Veterans Affairs

What you need to do to get your benefits started at LSUHSC?

Students need to contact the LSUHSC Office of Veterans Affairs in person, by telephone or e-mail to request processing of enrollment certifications. Students need to officially request benefits by completing a LSUHSC Veterans Certification Request form each semester they wish to claim benefits. By completing the fact sheet each semester, students will provide our office with current information regarding addresses, degree objectives, etc.

Am I eligible for the GI Bill®?

If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after Sept. 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days, you may be eligible for this VA-administered program. You can also review the program pamphlet.

If you have eligibility for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and any other GI Bill® program you must make an irrevocable election of the Post-9/11 GI Bill® before you can receive any benefits.

More current and detailed information on federal educational benefits is available at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) and GI Bill® .


What is considered full time, 3/4 time, 1/2 time, etc.?


Full Time = 12+ hours (Fall/Spring) and 6 (Summer)

3/4 Time = 9-11 hours                                 

1/2 Time = 6-8 hours                                  

Less than half time = 5 hours below



Full Time = 9 + hours (Fall/Spring) and 6 (Summer)

3/4 Time = 7-8 hours

1/2 Time = 5-6 hours

Less than half time = 4 hours below