Attendance and Leave

The Human Resource Management invites you to visit our links to the Unclassified and Civil Service Classified leave policy as governed by the University System, State Civil Service and Federal regulations. You will also find instructions and helpful tips about the leave process on this page. For more information or inquiries regarding leave and attendance, please contact Tamara Carter at (504) 568-7812 or via email at

Helpful Links

Helpful Tips

  • During the employee orientation session, all new Academic and Unclassified fiscal year staff will have the one-time option to choose the LSU or the Civil Service Leave Accrual Schedule. Click on the Leave Accumulation Tables for a comparison of the leave accruals. Classified employees are also welcome to view the bi-weekly leave accruals.
  • As part of the payroll process the Unclassified leave attendance sheets (timesheets) are usually due in Human Resources by the 15th of the following month. Example: The timesheets for the month of September are due by October 15. Exception to this will be when payroll is affected by a holiday, which will require earlier submission. This schedule is necessary for timely input of leave taken. Please refer to your calendar of payroll schedules for specific due dates.
  • You should be able to view leave accruals in PeopleSoft or run leave reports if you have querying and monitor absence access. Please contact your department administrator for assistance.  If you need additional assistance, please contact PS HR Support via electronic mail.
  • Application for Leave forms (Form SF-6) can be requested by contacting Human Resources at (504) 568-4834. This form is used to request annual, sick, leave without pay or various types of other leave, such as education, funeral, or military.  You can also print the Application for Leave form (Form SF-6) from our site.
  • When a new employee is completing a new hire orientation packet, it is important to provide us with as much information as possible about your prior state service. The state employment history may be asked either on the “biographical information form” or the “employee information” form in your hire packet. This information should include agency name/state agency and address, employment dates and salary.
  • The transfer of leave balances is handled by the Human Resources Department when employees transfer to LSU Health Sciences Center via a written request to the outgoing agency. When an employee transfers out from LSU Health Sciences Center, the incoming agency should submit a written request to LSU Health Sciences Center, Human Resources, 433 Bolivar St., New Orleans, LA 70112 or fax it to (504) 568-8010.