Steps to Set Up Emergency Bypass Alerts for iPhones
If there are important emails you need to be notified for, even if your iPhone is on silent or Do Not Disturb, you can follow the below instructions to create inbox rules to text your iPhone and enable Emergency Bypass.
The first set of instructions will walk you through creating Outlook inbox rules to text your iPhone when important messages arrive.
The next set of instructions will walk you through enabling 'Emergency Bypass" on a contact with your "@lsuhsc.edu" email address. This will alert you of text messages from that contact even if "Do Not Disturb" is enabled.
The last set of instructions will walk you through enabling "Repeat Alerts' on your iPhone. "Repeat Alerts" repeat a text message alert for a certain number of times until the alert is read (Note: Enabling "Repeat Alerts" will make all text message alerts repeat, not just ones from contacts with "Emergency Bypass" enabled).
Steps to Receive Text Message Alerts on iPhones
- Login to https://mail.lsuhsc.edu from a desktop browser.
- Select the "gear" icon in the top right.
- Select "Options."
- Select "Phone."
- Select the "text messaging" tab (Contact Postmaster if you can't access this tab).
- Click the "turn on notifications" button and follow the instructions to add your device.
- Select "Organize Email."
- Select the "inbox rules" tab if you aren't already on that tab.
- Click the "+" icon.
- Select "Create a new rule for arriving messages."
- Name the new rule and select the type of rule from the first dropdown box (Ex: "It was received from.." can be used to alert you if a specific person or group of people email you).
- Select "Send a text message to.." in the second dropdown box (The phone number you entered earlier should pop up next to the dropdown box).
- Select "Save."
- Repeat steps 9 through 13 to create additional rules for other important messages.
Steps to Enable Emergency Bypass for Text Messages from Outlook
- Open the "Contacts" app.
- Create a new contact with your "@lsuhsc.edu" email address if one is not already created. If one already exists, access the contact and tap "Edit."
- Tap the "Text Tone" section.
- Switch on "Emergency Bypass."
- From here you can change the alert tone to whatever you want.
Steps to Enable Repeat Alerts on iPhones
- Open the "Settings" app.
- Tap "Notifications."
- Tap "Messages."
- Tap "Repeat Alert."
- From here you can select the number of times the alert will repeat.