Microsoft Office 365 Overview
Is my mailbox in Microsoft Office 365?
All LSU Health New Orleans Student mailboxes have been migrated to Microsoft Office 365. LSU Health New Orleans employee mailbox migrations are in progress. Employees will receive notice prior to their mailbox being migrated.
How do I Log In?
From the LSUHSC homepage (www.lsuhsc.edu) in the top right click Quicklinks and then Office 365. Office 365 users will enter their email address (email@example.com) as their username when logging in. The password is the same password used on-premises to authenticate to a computer desktop or website.
What is Microsoft Office 365? Why does everyone refer to it as the cloud?
Microsoft Office 365 is a collection of software services, including Exchange Online email services, hosted by Microsoft. These services are accessed through internet connections even when you are on the LSUHSC network. Internet-based services, such as Office 365, are often referred to as "the cloud". Since both LSUHSC on-premises mail services and Microsoft Office 365 provide mail services using Exchange server, there will be few differences which will help ease transition. Microsoft’s Office 365 implementation is larger and more geographically dispersed providing improved business continuity for LSUSHC email.
OK, my mailbox is in Office 365. How is this different, and what should I expect?
Most features will work the same whether your mailbox is in Office 365 or on-premises. Here are some important similarities and differences:
- During the migration of your mailbox to Office 365, select versions of older Android devices may lose connectivity to email. Please recreate your ActiveSync profile. If prompted for a server name, enter outlook.office365.com
- There are significant differences in the way that email archiving works compared to on-premises email archiving. Review instructions for using email archiving in Office 365.
- Outlook Web App has some differences which we’ve documented here.
- If needed, you can continue to change your password at https://www.lsuhsc.edu/changepassword/
- Although some employee mailboxes are not yet in Office 365, you will still see a full list of all LSUHSC recipients in the Global Address Book.
- An internet connection is required for connectivity to Office 365 even while on the LSUHSC network. If you are unable to access your email, please verify that your internet connection is working properly.
- Continue to contact your local computer supporter or the IT Help Desk for support.