As the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) for the LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (VCAA) oversees the operations of three major areas - Academic Affairs, Research and Student Affairs.
Dr. Janet H. Southerland serves as the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs reporting directly to the Chancellor.
The Vice Chancellor also oversees program and curriculum changes; insures LSUHSC-NO's compliance with pertinent Louisiana and federal laws, LSU System Bylaws and Regulations, Chancellor's Memoranda and regional accreditation standards; and publishes the Faculty Handbook.
- Interprofessional Education & Collaborative Practice Office (IPECP)
- Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Office of International Services
- Division of Libraries (John Isché Library and Dental School Library)
- Division of Animal Care
- Office of Innovation and Partnerships (formerly Technology Management)
- Office of Research Services
- Clinical Trials Office (CTO)
- Conflicts of Interest Committee (COI)
- Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC)
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP)
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Review Entity (IRE)
- Responsible Conduct in Research(RCR)