Academic Affairs & Research
As the chief academic officer for the LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (VCAA) oversees the operations of three major areas - Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, and Research.
Dr. Demetrius Porche serves as the Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs reporting directly to the Chancellor.
The Vice Chancellor also oversees program and curriculum changes; insures LSUHSC-NO's compliance with pertinent Louisiana and federal laws, LSU System Bylaws and Regulations, Chancellor's Memoranda and regional accreditation standards; and publishes the Faculty Handbook.
Academic units reporting to the Vice Chancellor include the following:
- Division of Libraries (the John Isché Library and the Dental School Library)
- International Services Office
- Office of Institutional Effectiveness
Research units under Academic Affairs include the following:
- Office of Research Services (Grants & Contracts, IACUC, and the IRB)
- Division of Animal Care
- Office of Innovation and Partnerships (formerly Technology Management)
Student Affairs units include the following: