Academic Affairs & Research
As the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) for the LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs & Research (VCAAR) oversees the operations of three major areas - Academic Affairs, Research and Student Affairs.
Dr. Demetrius Porche serves as the Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs reporting directly to the Chancellor.
The Vice Chancellor also oversees program and curriculum changes; insures LSUHSC-NO's compliance with pertinent Louisiana and federal laws, LSU System Bylaws and Regulations, Chancellor's Memoranda and regional accreditation standards; and publishes the Faculty Handbook.
- Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Office of International Services
- Division of Libraries (the John Isché Library and the Dental School Library)
- Division of Animal Care
- Office of Innovation and Partnerships (formerly Technology Management)
Office of Research Services
- Conflicts of Interest Committee (COI)
- Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC)
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP)
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Review Entity (IRE)
- Responsible Conduct in Research(RCR)
Student Affairs Units