J-1 Scholar Transfers to LSUHSC New Orleans

If you are already in J-1 Scholar (Short Term Scholar, Research Scholar, Professor) status at a DOS approved Program Sponsor Institution and would like to Request Transfer of your J-1 Exchange Visitor program to LSUHSC-New Orleans, please complete:

J-1 Transfer of SEVIS record to another educational institution may be requested and granted during educational program, must be requested, approved and completed prior to degree completion/graduation date on Form DS-2019.

For more information about J-1 Exchange Visitor categories sponsored by LSUHSC, please click here.

If LSUHSC-New Orleans is not authorized to sponsor your J current category as listed on your DS-2019, a transfer of your J program is not possible. Please contact International Services about a J-1 change of category.