Outlook for iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Instructions to configure Outlook for iOS
- (Archived) Instructions to configure the native mail app for iOS
- Search (Contacts, Mail, Files...)
- Go to the App store and search for “Microsoft Outlook” and download the app.
- Once Microsoft Outlook is installed, open the application. Enter your full @lsuhsc.edu
email address and select the “Add Account” button.
- Sign-in with your LSUHSC email address and your password and select the “Sign-in”
- If you are enrolled in Multi Factor Authentication, you will need to confirm your
access (phone confirmation or fingerprint).
- Next, select the “Maybe Later”, unless you wish to add additional accounts.
- Read over the next screens which contain information about Focused Inbox, Calendar,
Search and Notifications.
- Follow Instructions to save Outlook contacts to your mobile device Until those steps are performed, Outlook for Mobile will not synchronize contacts
to your phone.
Settings and Preferences
- Focused Inbox separates your inbox into two tabs - Focused and Other.
- Your most important email messages are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessible - but out of the way - on the Other tab.
- "Focused Inbox" can be trained to know what is important to you
- "Organize mail by thread" will group your messages by topic thread instead of just displaying them sorted by arrival time
- To configure either of these, select the image icon in the upper left corner of the screen to access your folder listing.
- Select the gear icon in the lower left corner of the page to bring up your Settings page.
- In the "Mail" section of Settings page, switch the toggle for “Focused Inbox” to on (blue) or off (grey)
- Switch the "Organize mail by thread" to on (blue) or off (grey)
- When you are finished select the “X” in the upper left hand corner which will return
you to the main page.
- Select the image icon in the upper left corner of the screen to access your folder pane
- Select the gear icon in the lower left corner of the page to bring up the Settings page
- In the Accounts section, select your "firstname.lastname@example.org Office365" account
- On the next screen under "Account Settings" select "Automatic Replies" to configure
- On the next screen switch the toggle for "Automatic Replies" to ON, and more options will be displayed
- Choose "Reply to everyone" or "Reply only to my organization"
- Note: If you select "Reply to everyone", you can setup different messages for within your organization and for external senders
- Setup your messages under "Reply to my organization with" and "Reply to external senders with"
- When you are finished, click the Check mark in the upper right corner to confirm your
- Select the image icon in the upper left corner of the screen to access the folder pane.
- Select the gear icon in the upper left hand corner of the page to bring up the Settings page.
- Under the "Mail" section select the "Signature" setting.
- Enter what you would like your signature to be. In this examle the signature is "Get Outlook for iOS".
- When you are finished, click the back button in the top left to save the signature
- At the bottom of the main screen from left to right are 3 icons, mail, search and calendar.
- When the mail icon is selected, it will display the mail items in the current folder.
- Click the name of the folder (for example Inbox) to see a list of other folders.
- The “Filter” menu in the upper right hand corner can filter your view.
- There are 3 options available from the Filter dropdown menu: 1) Unread messages 2) Flagged Messages and 3) Attachments.
- These can be selected, to filter your view, or cleared, to show all messages.
- Unfiltered (all messages)
- Unread messages
- Flagged messages
- Messages with Attachments
- Unfiltered (all messages)
- To compose a message, click on the Pencil icon at the bottom right of the screen
- In the To and CC fields, start typing names or email addresses, and matching names will be suggested
- Enter your Subject line and the body of the message
- Click the paperclip icon to attach files - attachments you have sent before, or from
your One Drive for Business files
- Note: Look for "One Drive for Business" in the files listing, not just "Add OneDrive"
- Select the white "Send" arrow to send your message
- Reply, Reply to All, Forward
- When reading a message, click on the Reply Arrow in the bottom left of the message
- You can choose to Reply, Reply all, Forward, or Edit Recipients
- Compose your message and click the "Send" arrow to send your message
Search (Contacts, Mail, Files...)
- The middle icon at the bottom of the main screen, the magnifying glass, is the search
icon, to locate contacts, mail, and files
- For example: If the username "adoskey" is entered in the search criteria above the search results below would appear.
- Instead of typing a username, a full name could be entered in, or one of the named icons of a recent Contact could be selected.
- Addresses from both the Global Address List and your personal Contacts folder will be searched.
- Search results will list the names and email addresses that match. Select the desired Contact.
- The next screen will list a brief Contact summary, email messages with that Contact, events including this contact and files shared with this contact.
- Select "Show More" under the contact information and a new pane will open providing full Contact details.
- Select "Show More Email" under the Email Section to browse through all emails involving you and this contact.
- Select "Show More Events" under the "Events" section to browse through all events you and this contact were both included in.
- Select "Show More Files" under the "Files" section" to browse through all files shared
between you and this contact.
- From the main seach screen, you can create a new Contact in your personal Contacts folder by clicking the "Create +" in the top right
- You can manually add a Contact, or if supported by your phone, Scan a business card
- The icon on the bottom right of the main screen is the Calendar icon. View the calendar to display scheduled meetings and appointments..
- New entries can be added by clicking on the "+" icon on the top right of the screen.
- A "New Event" screen will show requesting a title, people, date and time, location,
description, alert and other options.
There is a view selector icon in the top right corner that will allow you to show the calendar by full agenda, or by day, 3-day or month views.
While in Agenda View, you can easily pull down the calendar to switch to another day or scroll to another month.
Then push the calendar back up to see the agenda for that day.
To select different dates in this view, scroll left to right or right to left or select the dates at the top of the screen.
3 Day View
To select different dates in this view, scroll to the left or right.
- From the main screen select the calendar icon.
- Select the photo icon
- Hit the "Calendar +" icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen
- Select "Add Shared Calendars" from the following screen
- Type in the first few characters of the calendar name and a list of calendars to choose
from should appear
- Select the calendar and verify that you can view the contents