Shipping and Receiving
Receiving personnel are not equipped to handle oversized, bulky, and scientific equipment. If you have deliveries of items weighing in excess of 300 pounds and measuring more than 30 cubic feet, you should coordinate for the supplier to arrange for inside delivery to the office or research lab where the equipment is to be installed. Receiving personnel and physical plant will not be able to make an inside delivery for you on these type items.
Each department is charged for cylinder rental for gas cylinders that are used at LSUHSC. Receiving is responsible for accepting and tagging cylinders when deliveries are made. Receiving personnel should be notified when cylinders are empty so these cylinders can be returned to the gas vendor to avoid additional demurrage charges.
- Use strong boxes
- Use proper packaging tape (no scotch tape).
- Use correct filling material; bubble wrap, peanuts, air bags.
- Pack contents tightly to avoid load/contents shifting.
- Use computer generated shipping labels.
- Get precise measurements of box & weight for UPS.