What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is Office 365's hub for teamwork. It is collaboration tool that provides teams with the ability to work together and share information via a common space. You can utilize features like document collaboration, one-on-one chat, team chat, and more. Microsoft Teams is also fully integrated with many other Office 365 services.
Important Information about Microsoft Teams at LSUHSC
- Microsoft Teams at LSUHSC is for internal collaboration only.
- If external collaboration is needed a SharePoint site can be requested (Request SharePoint).
- External people can attend meetings in Teams.
- A Microsoft Team is not required to use one on one chat, group chat, and meeting functionality in the Microsoft Teams application.
- Ad-hoc creation is disabled in Microsoft Teams at LSUHSC. Please use the request form linked to below to request a Microsoft Team.
- Dial-in functionality is not configured for Microsoft Teams meetings at LSUHSC. (Zoom is LSUHSC's Video Conferencing Platform)
Microsoft Teams Features
- Document collaboration
- Persistent one-on-one/group chat
- Persistent Team chat
- 12/18/20 Notice: Due to a recent Microsoft policy change 1:1 calls in Teams can not be recorded. Note that this does not effect scheduled teams meetings of any size which can be recorded. If you have a business use case to record 1:1 calls please email email@example.com
- Integration with Office 365 apps such as Microsoft Forms