SharePoint Online Collaboration Sites
A SharePoint team site provides a range of functionality for projects and teams. Some of these features include:
- store and collaborate on files (including external users)
- create and manage lists of information
- create and manage project or team calendars
- generate alerts when files or folders change
- access team site from SharePoint mobile app for iOS
You can find out more about a SharePoint sites here: Microsoft SharePoint Info
In order to view a SharePoint calendar in Outlook, you must create a shared calendar in Outlook first, and then add it to SharePoint.
OneDrive for Business (OD4B) vs. SharePoint team sites
You may be wondering whether you should use OneDrive for Business or a SharePoint team site to store and share documents. OD4B should be used to store and share Individual files with limited scope or lifecycle, while SharePoint team sites should be used to store files related to groups or projects. Please review the the documentation at this link which contains additional best practice information: Microsoft Best Practice Info.
Request a SharePoint team site
Please send any SharePoint questions to Webmaster