LSU Health New Orleans

Career Opportunities | Contact | Donate

Saturday, February 13, 2016   5:54 PM    |   56°F
Office of International Services Forms and Instructions Prospective International Students Immigration Status Sponsorship Immigration Terms and Documents Entering and Leaving the United States J Exchange Visitors F Students and Dependents H1B Employees TN Employees Patient Care Positions Change of Status Permanent Residency Visitors and Guests Help with Taxes Other Links and Resources Contact Us Feedback
<p> Contact Us</p>

Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30a.m.-4:00p.m.

Location: 2nd floor (206B) of the Resource Center Building (433 Bolivar Street).

Contact Us

By Phone:

(504) 568-4802

By Email:


The content on these pages is designed for use by LSUHSC-New Orleans sponsored students, exchange visitors and employees. It is not intended to constitute legal advice and is not a substitute for legal counsel.




Will your dependent child (J-2, F-2, H-4, etc.) turn 21 years old while they are still in the United States as your dependent?

Are you a dependent child within six months of your 21st birthday?


If so, the dependent must either travel and re-enter in OR apply for a change of status to a new category before their 21st birthday. It is recommended that the application for change of status be submitted (or entry documents obtained) at least 90 days before the dependent’s 21st birthday.


Additional information about requesting a change of status can be found here.  Form I-539 can be found here.

Please contact the Office of International Services for assistance if a change of a status will also require sponsorship by LSU HSC-NO (typically J-1, F-1 or H1B).