September Faculty Publications
A new selection of articles have been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16.
1. Admon AJ, Donnelly JP, Casey JD, Janz DR, Russell DW, Joffe AM, Vonderhaar DJ, Dischert KM, Stempek SB, Dargin JM, Rice TW, Iwashyna TJ, Semler MW, Pragmatic Critical Care Research Group. Emulating a novel clinical trial using existing observational data: Predicting results of the PreVent study. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2019;16(8):998-1007.
2. Chander DP, Loch MM, Cataland SR, George JN. Caplacizumab therapy without plasma exchange for acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. N Engl J Med. 2019;381(1):92-94.
3. Hall CA, Hernandez SC, Barry RA, Zito BA, McWhorter AJ, Fink DS, Barham HP. Voice out comes after endoscopic sinus surgery in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis. Laryngoscope. 2019;129(2):299-302.
4. Marino MJ, Hsieh MC, Wu EL, Riley CA, Wu XC, McCoul ED. Early versus late computed tomography and nasal endoscopy in the diagnosis of nasopharyngeal and paranasal sinus malignancy. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2019;33(4):388-394
5. Rushing AM, Donnarumma E, Polhemus DJ, Au KR, Victoria SE, Schumacher JD, Li Z, Jenkins JS, Lefer DJ, Goodchild TT. Effects of a novel hydrogen sulfide prodrug in a porcine model of acute limb ischemia. J Vasc Surg. 2019;69(60):1924-1935.
6. Schroll R, Smith A, Zeoli T, Hoof M, Greiffenstein P, Moore M, McGrew P, Duchesne J, Avegno J. Efficacy of medical students as stop the bleed participants and instructors. J Surg Educ. 2019;76(4):975-981.
7. Stafford IA, Berra A, Minard CG, Fontenot V, Kopkin RH, Rodrigue E, Roitsch CM, Rac MW, Hill JB. Challenges in the contemporary management of syphilis among pregnant women in New Orleans, LA. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2019;20192613962.
8. Sweeny L, Rosenthal EL, Light T, Grayson J, Petrisor D, Troob SH, Greene BJ, Carroll WR, Wax MK. Outcomes and cost implications of microvascular reconstructions of the head and neck. Head Neck. 2019;41(4):930-939.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions,click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.