*Update* The servers were restored by 9:35am.
The Libraries’ online catalog, INNOPAC, and all associated programs will be down again on Tuesday morning beginning at 7am for scheduled maintenance. We will post when it comes back online. We apologize for the inconvenience.
*Update 5/13/19 8:30am* access has been restored.
The Libraries’ online catalog and all associated programs will be down Monday morning beginning at 7am for scheduled maintenance. We will post when it comes back online. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Comics aren’t just for teens! Graphic medicine explores healthcare and medicine while using the comic format as a medium for learning.
Graphic novels can be helpful tools for practitioners and patients to further the discussion about healthcare in the United States. These books are in fact tools that help bridge the health literacy gap.
To highlight this genre, we have a variety of titles available for check out that explore Alzheimer ’s disease, disabilities, abuse, and mental disorders.
So, come by and check out our new books on the 3rd Floor!
HTTP access has been disabled on the Libraries’ catalog to better ensure its security. If you type the catalog’s address, innopac.lsuhsc.edu into most browsers, it should default to using HTTPS but if it doesn’t or if you follow an older link that hasn’t been updated, the following message:
Switch to HTTPS if you see this message
Please let us know if you have any problems.
An upgrade of the INNOPAC system will happen beginning at 9am on Monday, February 18th. The outage is expected to last 2 hours at the most. The library catalog and related services will not work during the upgrade.
Thanks for your patience.
*Edit 8:20am* The upgrade began early and is already complete.
An upgrade of the INNOPAC system will happen beginning at 9am on Tuesday, November 13th. The outage is expected to last 2 hours at the most. The library catalog and related services will not work during the upgrade.
Thanks for your patience.
*Edit* The upgrade was completed by 10:30am
The Library Catalog/INNOPAC is being upgraded tomorrow morning from 9am until 11am.
*Edit* 10am 7/31/18 – and we’re back up an hour early!
The maintenance to INNOPAC is complete. Please let us know if you see any issues or experience problems.
INNOPAC and off campus access to library materials will be down for a scheduled upgrade on Wednesday, June 28th. While we hope the system will be back up quickly, we have allowed an all-day window for this upgrade. The upgrade is expected to start at 5:30am.
*Upgrade complete: 8:48am
We are currently upgrading our INNOPAC server and so that service is not available. We hope it will be restored quickly.
If you are a new resident or have a new rotation, you might find it a little difficult to access Library resources from the various hospitals. Unfortunately, the wired and wireless networks at UMC, Children’s, and any of the other hospitals are neither part of nor managed by the Health Sciences Center, and you might even be blocked from getting to many web-based services while on those networks. If you need to access Library resources while at the hospitals, the following will help you get what you need:
- Go to http://www.lsuhsc.edu and choose the Citrix icon
- You can also go to http://citrixweb.lsuhsc.edu directly
- Log on using your LSUHSC user i.d. and password; you may also be prompted to install the Citrix Receiver before you are able to log in
- Choose “Desktop-New”
- When your Citrix session is up and running, go to the Start Menu to open up Internet Explorer
- From the LSUHSC homepage, choose “Libraries” on the left
- You can then choose which resource you would like to use
- To find out whether the Library has access to a particular book or journal, click the link for “Library Catalog/INNOPAC”
- If you wish to search for articles through PubMed, want to use AccessMedicine, or any other databases, choose “Databases” from the left and then go to the page for that resource
- Be sure to click the “Off Campus” link for any database you want
- Citrix sessions are sometimes not recognized as being on campus, so you may also be asked to provide your name, barcode, and PIN that is used to access Library resources when off campus
If you need any assistance with these steps or anything else from the Library, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The migration to our new INNOPAC server is complete. We hope you find speedier service from the system.
Please let us know if you find any errors or problems.
While the Library’s INNOPAC system is offline for maintenance, a number of functions are affected. During this outage the catalog, off-campus access, and link resolver will be unavailable. However, here are a few ways to get the resources you need during this downtime:
- All print books and journals will be available for checkout; although we will be unable to look up holdings and call numbers, Library staff will assist you in finding the materials you need from anything that is on reserve or in the stacks.
- All online resources will be available on campus only; when viewing the available databases be sure to click the “On Campus” link:
- If you need an ebook you can use the eBooks LibGuide to find the on-campus links to the electronic books available from various publishers.
- Although it is also an option for ebooks, the E-Books & E-Journals A to Z List will allow access to the online version of the majority of journals available from the Library.
We hope the outage will not last very long, but Library staff will be ready to answer any questions you have regarding resources while this necessary maintenance is completed. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
The server that hosts INNOPAC will be undergoing maintenance on Monday, June 13 beginning about 10am. The server will be down from 3 to 8 hours. Stay tuned for a post on accessing Library materials without using INNOPAC. Thanks for your patience.
UPDATE: Links to resources and databases are now working correctly, but until the main problem is solved we might still experience difficulties. If so, please use the solution outlined below in the interim.
We’re having issues with all full-text links from our Catalog and from the Link Resolver. Resources cannot be accessed. Patrons who are on-campus can access by stripping out the part of the URL which allows off-campus access. Remove the initial number and dash and .innopac.lsuhsc.edu, so:
http://0-jama.jamanetwork.com.innopac.lsuhsc.edu/issues.aspx becomes http://jama.jamanetwork.com/issues.aspx
Again, this only works on-campus.
We’re investigating if this is related to the campus wide internet crash this morning and hope to have it resolved quickly. Thanks for your patience.