Community health forum tomorrow
The Satcher Healthcare Leadership Institute at the Morehouse School of Medicine will be holding a Community Mental Health Forum featuring Dr. David Satcher this Wednesday, October 28 in New Orleans. Entitled
“Essentials to Rebuilding Our Communities: Healthy Minds and Healthy Bodies,” the event features a keynote address by former US Surgeon General Dr. David Satcher, as well as a panel discussion and reception.
The Satcher Health Leadership Institute at Moorehouse School of Medicine presents:
Essentials to Rebuilding Our Communities: Healthy Minds and Healthy Bodies
David Satcher, MD, PhD
Director, Satcher Health Leadership Institute
Poussaint-Satcher-Cosby Chair in Mental Health
16th Surgeon General of the United States
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Charter School for Science and Technology
1617 Caffin Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70117
Reception: 6:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Discussion: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Moderator: Ayanna Buckner, MD, MPH
– Ms. Pam Dashiell – Community Activist
– Rev. Earnest Dison – Pastor, St. Paul Church of God in Christ
– Corey Hebert, MD – Pediatrician and Medical Correspondent
– Ms. Laura Danna – Assistant Clinical Director, Project Fleur-de-Lis
– Ms. Josie White – Licensed Family Counselor
– The Stooges Brass Band
– The Black Feathers Mardi Gras Indians