LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan
Administered by United Healthcare
The LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan is a fully-insured Medicare Advantage plan. LSU First partners with UnitedHealthcare® to provide LSU First Medicare-eligible retirees and their Medicare-eligible dependents with the LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan for health and prescription drug coverage. This plan is designed to better meet the needs of retirees and to coordinate more effectively with Medicare. There is no annual deductible to meet. Generic drugs and providers who accept Medicare and file with UnitedHealthcare are covered at 100%.
To be eligible for this plan:
- Enrolled in Medicare Part A and B*
- Participants must continue to pay for Part B
*You and any covered dependents, if applicable, must be Medicare-eligible and enrolled in Medicare Part A and B.
You can also register online to access plan information, materials and programs.
- Medical Claim Search
- Health Needs Assessment
- Plan Materials
- Temporary or replacement member ID cards
- Provider Search
- Medical & Pharmacy detail/history
LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan offers drug coverage through OptumRx. They have more than 67,000 network pharmacies nationwide, including drugstore chains and independent pharmacies.
There is no deductible under this plan, so co-pay will begin at enrollment. Participants can choose 30 or 90-day refills at retail pharmacies or 90-day refills through Mail Order. Co-pay amounts for a 30-day supply are:
- Tier 1 - Generic Medications - $0
- Tier 2 - Preferred Brand Name Medications - $40
- Tier 3 - Non-Preferred Brand Name - $70
- Tier 4 - Specialty Medications - $100
With a Medicare Advantage plan, LSU First is able to offer additional benefits to retirees that they previously did not have access to.
Participants will have access to a nurse via telephone 24 hours a day.
- Choosing appropriate medical care
- Help choosing a doctor
- Tips on how to control diabetes, blood pressure, and/or high cholesterol
- Reviewing your medications and exploring how to save money on prescriptions
- Connecting you with community resources
Virtual Doctor Visits
Participants can see providers using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- UnitedHealthcare's Virtual Doctor Visits lets you choose to see and speak to specific doctors using your computer or a mobile device, like a tablet or smartphone. These doctors are special providers that have the ability to offer virtual medical visits.
- During a virtual visit, you can ask questions, get a diagnosis and the doctor can even prescribe medication that, if appropriate, can be sent to your pharmacy.
- There is no cost for these visits.
- Typical visits last 10 minutes.
- You can find a list of participating virtual medical doctors online at www.UHCRetiree.com/lsufirst.
Participants can have a clinical visit in the comfort of your own home.
- UnitedHealthcare's HouseCalls is an optional annual health program offered to you at no cost.
- The program sends a Nurse Practitioner or Physician directly to your home. During the visit, they will check your medical history and current medications. It can also give you a chance to ask any health questions you may have. Once completed, HouseCalls will send a summary of your visit to your doctor so that he/she has this additional information regarding your health.
Participants have access to get active with this free fitness program.
Renew Active is our fitness program for body and mind that's designed for you and your goals at no additional cost. With Renew Active, you'll receive a free gym membership with access to an extensive network of gyms and fitness locations, an online brain health program and access to the Fitbit® Community for Renew Active members, including access to thousands of workout videos. Renew Active can help you stay fit, focused and ready for what's next.
To get started, log in to your plan website, go to Health & Wellness and look for Renew Active. You can also call the number on the back of your UnitedHealthcare member ID card.
Review the additional benefits offered by UHC here.
Enrollment forms can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For secure transmission, employees should send these from their LSUHSC email. Forms can also be mailed or dropped off to our office at 433 Bolivar Street, Room 626.