Faculty Publications Spotlight for May
A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
1. Barkemeyer BM. Discharge Planning. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2015;62:545-556.
2. Cole MR, Hobden JA, Warner IM. Recycling Antibiotics into GUMBOS: A New Combination Strategy to Combat Multi-Drug-Resistant Bacteria. Molecules. 2015;20:6466-6487.
3. Devier DJ, Lovera JF, Lukiw WJ. Increase in NF-kappaB-sensitive miRNA-146a and miRNA-155 in multiple sclerosis (MS) and pro-inflammatory neurodegeneration. Front Mol Neurosci. 2015;8:5.
4. Drell MJ. My Use of Humor in Therapy: A Performance-in-Practice Self-Study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015;54:159-161.
5. Gould HJ3, Paul D. Hydrocodone extended-release: Pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics and behavioral pharmacology of a controversy. Pharmacol Res. 2015;91:99-103.
6. Lemor D, Lazar D, Mazzulla DA. Recurrent hematuria in a patient with a previously undiagnosed transitional cell carcinoma of the right ureter after intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) injection: A case report. Retinal Cases Brief Rep. 2015;9:45-46.
7. Paccione R, Remedios P, Gautreaux J, English R. Diffuse Muscle Weakness in an Infant. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2015.
8. Washco V, Engel L, Smith DL, McCarron R. Distended bladder presenting with altered mental status and venous obstruction. Ochsner J. 2015;15:70-73.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.