Faculty Authors for October
October’s faculty publications display has been created by the Library, and highlights recent articles by LSUHSC-New Orleans researchers. The articles on display, rotated out monthly, are in the Library’s Reference area (near the Library elevator) on the third floor of the Resource Center Building. These are culled from the Library’s Faculty Publications Database.
About the Library’s Faculty Publications Database:
The Faculty Publications Database includes publications authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-New Orleans faculty, 1998 – present. Access to this database is available to the public. To add your faculty publications, or for questions about this database, contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Here is a listing of the newest papers included, with those affiliated with LSUHSC-NO in bold print:
1. Akre KL, Farris HE, Lea AM, Page RA, Ryan MJ. “Signal perception in frogs and bats and the evolution of mating signals.” Science. 2011; 333(6043):751-752.
2. Baranwal S, Wang Y, Rathinam R, Lee J, Jin L, McGoey R, Pylayeva Y, Giancotti F, Blobe GC, Alahari SK. “Molecular characterization of the tumor-suppressive function of nischarin in breast cancer.” Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2011; prepub.
3. Bennett B, Larson-Meyer DE, Ravussin E, Volaufova J, Soros A, Cefalu WT, Chalew S, Gordon S, Smith SR, Newcomer BR, Goran M, Sothern M. “Impaired insulin sensitivity and elevated ectopic fat in healthy obese vs. nonobese prepubertal children.” Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011; prepub.
4. Delahoussaye-Shields RM, Delahoussaye-Soine RL, Soine EJ, Lopez, FA. “Clinical Case of the Month: A 57-Year-Old Man With Diabetes and a Toe Infection.” Journal of the Louisiana State Medical Society. 2011; 163(Jul/Aug): 230.
5. Hormes JM, Coffey SF, Drobes DJ, Saladin ME. “The Obsessive Compulsive Cocaine Use Scale: Development and initial validation of a self-rated instrument for the quantification of thoughts about cocaine use.” Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2011; prepub.
6. Melvan JN, Siggins RW, Bagby GJ, Stanford WL, Welsh DA, Nelson S, Zhang P. “Suppression of the stem cell antigen-1 response and granulocyte lineage expansion by alcohol during septicemia.” Critical Care Medicine. 2011; 39(9): 2121-2130.
7. Mock JR, Foundas AL, Golob EJ. “Selective influence of auditory distractors on motor cortex excitability.” Neuroreport. 2011; prepub.
8. Paul D. “Experimental Designs for the Study of ReceptorÔÇôReceptor Interactions. Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.” Neuromethods. 2011; 60, Methods for the Discovery and Characterization of G Protein-Coupled Receptors (chapter 15): 305-319.