While the Library’s INNOPAC system is offline for maintenance, a number of functions are affected. During this outage the catalog, off-campus access, and link resolver will be unavailable. However, here are a few ways to get the resources you need during this downtime:
- All print books and journals will be available for checkout; although we will be unable to look up holdings and call numbers, Library staff will assist you in finding the materials you need from anything that is on reserve or in the stacks.
- All online resources will be available on campus only; when viewing the available databases be sure to click the “On Campus” link:
- If you need an ebook you can use the eBooks LibGuide to find the on-campus links to the electronic books available from various publishers.
- Although it is also an option for ebooks, the E-Books & E-Journals A to Z List will allow access to the online version of the majority of journals available from the Library.
We hope the outage will not last very long, but Library staff will be ready to answer any questions you have regarding resources while this necessary maintenance is completed. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
UPDATE: Links to resources and databases are now working correctly, but until the main problem is solved we might still experience difficulties. If so, please use the solution outlined below in the interim.
We’re having issues with all full-text links from our Catalog and from the Link Resolver. Resources cannot be accessed. Patrons who are on-campus can access by stripping out the part of the URL which allows off-campus access. Remove the initial number and dash and .innopac.lsuhsc.edu, so:
http://0-jama.jamanetwork.com.innopac.lsuhsc.edu/issues.aspx becomes http://jama.jamanetwork.com/issues.aspx
Again, this only works on-campus.
We’re investigating if this is related to the campus wide internet crash this morning and hope to have it resolved quickly. Thanks for your patience.
The Library Catalog, INNOPAC, is currently acting a bit wonky. It seems to have lost the ability to distinguish between New Orleans and Shreveport. Customer Support is working on the problem.
*Edit* And all issues were resolved (#fingerscrossed) at 10:50am
The wired and wireless networks at UMC, Children’s, and any of the other hospitals are neither part of nor managed by the Health Sciences Center, so if you need to access Library resources while at the hospitals you will need to do the following:
- Go to http://www.lsuhsc.edu and choose the Citrix icon
- You can also go to http://citrixweb.lsuhsc.edu directly
- Log on using your LSUHSC user i.d. and password; you may also be prompted to install the Citrix Receiver before you are able to log in
- Choose “Desktop-New”
- When your Citrix session is up and running, go to the Start Menu to open up Internet Explorer
- From the LSUHSC homepage, choose “Libraries” on the left
- You can then choose which resource you would like to use
- To find out whether the Library has access to a particular book or journal, click the link for “Library Catalog/INNOPAC”
- If you wish to search for articles through PubMed, want to use AccessMedicine, or any other databases, choose “Databases” from the left and then go to the page for that resource
- Be sure to click the “Off Campus” link for any database you want
- Citrix sessions are sometimes not recognized as being on campus, so you may also be asked to provide your name, barcode, and PIN that is used to access Library resources when off campus
*EDIT* And the server came back online at 3:35pm
INNOPAC is currently down due to a system upgrade. It should be back up shortly.
*Edit* 11:10 am and the problem has been fixed!
We noticed at just before 10 am this morning that our catalog, INNOPAC is acting up. Searching by New Orleans Collection by anything besides keyword is giving bad results.
While we work on the issue, please search using keyword only or search by the Entire Collection.
The INNOPAC server will be down from approximately 9 am until 10 am this morning (Thursday, Feb. 9th).?á We apologize for the inconvenience.
*Edit* 9:45 am And the server is already restored. Thanks for your patience
INNOPAC, the LibrariesÔÇÖ Online Catalog, will be down this afternoon for up to 2 hours for a scheduled systems upgrade. Thanks for you patience.
*Edit* @ 5:10 pm – the upgrade did not complete. Completion/downtime may occur on Thursday, Dec. 8th in the morning.
*Edit* @ 7:30 pm – the upgrade has been postponed due to hardware issues.
In case you missed it last week, the Libraries have updated the look of the catalog,INNOPAC.
If you’re on campus, the new version of the catalog will automatically default to New Orleans Libraries (one less click!) but if you’re off campus, you’ll see the full catalog that we share with the Shreveport Libraries. Just click on the Search New Orleans Libraries link or use the pull down menu to Limit to New Orleans Libraries