Faculty Publications Spotlight for December
A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Gaston S, Nugent N, Peters ES, Ferguson TF, Trapido EJ, Robinson WT, Rung AL. Exploring heterogeneity and correlates of depressive symptoms in the women and their children’s health (WaTCH) study. J Affect Disord. 2016;205190-199.
- Ibba SV, Ghonim MA, Pyakurel K, Lammi MR, Mishra A, Boulares AH. Potential of inducible nitric oxide synthase as a therapeutic target for allergen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness: A critical connection to nitric oxide levels and PARP activity. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;20161984703[epub ahead of print].
- Jain N, Ravipati V, Kerut EK. Late pacemaker lead tip perforation documented by chest CT. Echocardiography. 2016;33:1419-1421.
- Jolley SE, Alkhafaf Q, Hough C, Welsh DA. Presence of an alcohol use disorder is associated with greater pneumonia severity in hospitalized HIV-infected patients. Lung. 2016;194:755-762.
- Moreau NG, Bodkin AW, Bjornson K, Hobbs A, Soileau M, Lahasky K. Effectiveness of rehabilitation interventions to improve gait speed in children with cerebral palsy: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Phys Ther. 2016;[epub ahead of print].
- Pandya K, Wyatt D, Gallagher B, Bloodworth JC, Shah D, Baker A, Zlobin A, Pannuti A, Green AR, Ellis IO, Filipovic A, Sagert J, Rana A, Albain KS, Miele L, Denning M, Osipo C. PKCalpha attenuates jagged-1-mediated notch signaling in ErbB-2 positive breast cancer to reverse trastuzumab resistance. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22(1):175-86.
- Samuelson DR, de la Rua NM, Charles TP, Ruan S, Taylor CM, Blanchard EE, Luo M, Ramsay AJ, Shellito JE, Welsh DA. Oral immunization of mice with live pneumocystis murina protects against pneumocystis pneumonia. J Immunol. 2016;196(6):2655-65.
- Sherchand SP, Ibana JA, Zea AH, Quayle AJ, Aiyar A. The high-risk human papillomavirus E6 oncogene exacerbates the negative effect of tryptophan starvation on the development of chlamydia trachomatis. PLoS One. 2016;11(9):e0163174[epub ahead of print].
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.