A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Bentzley JP, Coker-Bolt P, Moreau NG, Hope K, Ramakrishnan V, Brown T, Mulvihill D, Jenkins D. Kinematic measurement of 12-week head control correlates with 12-month neurodevelopment in preterm infants. Early Hum Dev. 2015;91(2):159-164.
- Burn BR, Varner KJ. Environmentally persistent free radicals (EPFRs) compromise left ventricular function during ischemia/reperfusion injury. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015;308(9):H998-H1006.
- DeVos EL, Totten VY, Moreno-Walton L, Holliman CJ, Mulligan T, Jacquet GA, Bodiwalla G. How to start and operate a national emergency medicine specialty organisation. Afr J Emerg Med. 2015;4(4):200-205.
- Gilpin NW, Herman MA, Roberto M. The central amygdala as an integrative hub for anxiety and alcohol use disorders. Biol Psychiatry. 2015;77(10):859-869.
- Hulin MW, Lawrence MN, Amato RJ, Weed PF, Winsauer PJ. Comparison of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and pregnanolone with existing pharmacotherapies for alcohol abuse on ethanol- and food-maintained responding in male rats. Alcohol. 2015;49(2):127-38.
- Mader EC,Jr, Richeh W, Ochoa JM, Sullivan LL, Gutierrez AN, Lovera JF. Tumefactive multiple sclerosis and hepatitis C virus 2a/2C infection: Dual benefit of long-term interferon beta-1a therapy? J Neurol Sci. 2015;349(1-2):239-42.
- Moody-Thomas S, Nasuti L, Yi Y, Celestin MD, Horswell R, Land TG. Effect of systems change and use of electronic health records on quit rates among tobacco users in a public hospital system. Am J Public Health. 2015;(Suppl 2):e1-e7.
- Trommelen RD, Hebert L, Nelson TK. Impact on physical therapy and audiology students of an interprofessional case-based learning experience in education of vestibular disorders. J Allied Health. 2014;43(4):194-200.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.