Faculty Publications Spotlight for June
A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Adorno M, Garbee D, Marix ML. Advanced literature searches. Clin Nurse Spec. 2016;30(3):141-144.
- Gesheva SI, Hastings LH, Wilson JD. The use of aspiration catheter systems for embolic protection during intracranial vertebral artery angioplasty and stenting. Interv Neurol. 2016;4(3-4):113-119.
- Itoga CA, Roltsch Hellard EA, Whitaker AM, Lu YL, Schreiber A, Baynes BB, Baiamonte BA, Richardson HN, Gilpin NW. Traumatic stress promotes hyperalgesia via corticotropin-releasing factor-1 receptor (CRFR1) signaling in central amygdala. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;1-10.
- Jin M, Li S, Hu J, Jin HH, Jacobson SG, Bok D. Functional rescue of retinal degeneration-associated mutant RPE65 proteins. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;854525-532.
- Knaus TA, Kamps J, Foundas AL. Handedness in children with autism spectrum disorder. Percept Mot Skills. 2016;122(2):542-559.
- Osofsky HJ, Speier A, Hansel TC, Wells JH,2nd, Kaliebe KE, Savage NJ. Collaborative health care and emerging trends in a community-based psychiatry residency model. Acad Psychiatry. 2016;[epub ahead of print].
- Wang M, Wang Q, Whim MD. Fasting induces a form of autonomic synaptic plasticity that prevents hypoglycemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;[epub ahead of print].
- Zozaya M, Ferris MJ, Siren JD, Lillis R, Myers L, Nsuami MJ, Eren AM, Brown J, Taylor CM, Martin DH. Bacterial communities in penile skin, male urethra, and vaginas of heterosexual couples with and without bacterial vaginosis. Microbiome. 2016;416-016-0161-6.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.