February Spotlight on Faculty Publications
A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Canavier CC, Evans RC, Oster AM, Pissadaki EK, Drion G, Kuznetsov AS, Gutkin BS. Implications of cellular models of dopamine neurons for disease. J Neurophysiol. 2016;116:2815-2830.
- DePaolo JS, Wang Z, Guo J, Zhang G, Qian C, Zhang H, Zabaleta J, Liu W. Acetylation of androgen receptor by ARD1 promotes dissociation from HSP90 complex and prostate tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7(44):71417-71428.
- Dort J, Trickey A, Paige JT, Schwarz E, Dunkin B. Hands-on 2.0: Improving transfer of training via the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Acquisition of Data for Outcomes and Procedure Transfer (ADOPT) program. Surg Endosc. 2016;[epub ahead of print].
- Grabacka M, Pierzchalska M, Dean M, Reiss K. Regulation of ketone body metabolism and the role of PPARa. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17(12):E2093.
- Jalal D, McFadden M, Dwyer JP, Umanath K, Aguilar EA, Yagil Y, Greco B, Sika M, Lewis JB, Greene T, Goral S. Adherence rates to ferric citrate as compared to active control in patients with end stage kidney disease on dialysis. Hemodial Int. 2016;[epub ahead of print].
- Oral E, Simonsen N, Brennan C, Berken J, Su LJ, Mohler JL, Bensen JT, Fontham ET. Unit nonresponse in a population-based study of prostate cancer. PLoS One. 2016;11(12):e0168364.
- Schieffler DA, Farrell PM, Kahn MJ, Culbertson RA. The evolution of the medical school deanship: From patriarch to CEO to system dean. Perm J. 2017;21:16-069.
- Sparks AE, Chen C, Breslin MB, Lan MS. Functional domains of autoimmune regulator (AIRE) modulate INS-VNTR transcription in human thymic epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291(21):11313-11322.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.