Faculty Publications Spotlight for March
A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Adorno M, Garbee D, Marix ML. Improving literature searches. Clin Nurse Spec. 2016;30(2):74-80.
- Gilpin NW, Herman MA, Roberto M. The central amygdala as an integrative hub for anxiety and alcohol use disorders. . 2015;77(10):859-869.
- Hayes CE, Nuss HJ, Tseng T, Moody-Thomas S. Use of asthma control indicators in measuring inhaled corticosteroid effectiveness in asthmatic smokers: A systematic review. J Asthma. 2015;52(10):996-1005.
- Jiang H, Polhemus DJ, Islam KN, Torregrossa AC, Li Z, Potts A, Lefer DJ, Bryan NS. Nebivolol acts as a S-nitrosoglutathione reductase inhibitor: A new mechanism of action. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2016;[epub ahead of print].
- Krlin RM, Soules KA, Winters CJ. Surgical repair of pelvic organ prolapse in elderly patients. Curr Opin Urol. 2016;[epub ahead of print].
- Organ CL, Otsuka H, Bhushan S, Wang Z, Bradley J, Trivedi R, Polhemus DJ, Tang WH, Wu Y, Hazen SL, Lefer DJ. Choline diet and its gut microbe-derived metabolite, trimethylamine N-oxide, exacerbate pressure overload-induced heart failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2016;9(1):e002314.
- Taylor SN. Epididymitis. Clin Infect Dis. 2015;61S770-S773.
- Vermaelen J, Greiffenstein P, deBoisblanc BP. Sleep in traumatic brain injury. Crit Care Clin. 2015;31(3):551-561.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.