New EBooks Available
Due to current restrictions and recommendations, we are doing our best to add online access to our print books wherever possible. In some instances we have acquired the newer editions, as older editions were not available or just too out of date.
Recently added titles:
- Clinical Immunology and Serology: a laboratory perspective, 4th ed. 2017
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice: a guidebook for role development and professional issues, 4th ed. 2019
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice Scholarly Project, 2nd ed. 2017
- Essentials of Healthcare Management: Cases, Concepts, and Skills, 2nd ed. 2019
- Evidence-Based Nursing: The Research Practice Connection, 4th ed. 2018
- Evidence-Based Practice for Health Professionals: an interprofessional approach, 2nd ed. 2021
- Fraud in the Lab: the high stakes of scientific research, 2019
- Lashley’s Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice, 2nd ed. 2015
- Merenstein & Gardner’s Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care, 9th ed. 2020
- Mosby’s 2020 Nursing Drug Reference
- Mosby’s Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference, 2019
- Mosby’s Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests, 5th ed. 2014
- Nursing Care Plans: guidelines for individualizing client care across the life span, 10th ed. 2019
- Nursing Diagnosis Manual: planning, individualizing, and documenting client care, 6th ed. 2019
- Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 8th ed. 2014
- Organizational Behavior, Theory, and Design in Health Care, 2nd ed. 2016
- Philosophies and Theories for Advanced Nursing Practice, 3rd ed. 2018
- Visual Intelligence: sharpen your perception, change your life, 2017
- The Well-Managed Healthcare Organization, 9th ed. 2019
Unfortunately, many publishers do not sell their online books to institutions and libraries, preferring students and instructors coordinate access directly through them. Some of those ebooks are available for sale through ebook sellers such as RedShelf and VitalSource, both of which are offering special access during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Please let us know if there is something in particular that you need us to try to acquire, and we will research the availability for institutional access. More information and contact information can be found here: https://www.lsuhsc.edu/library/services/colldev.aspx.