Faculty Publications for September
A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Abbott SE, Bandera EV, Qin B, Peres LC, Moorman PG, Barnholtz-Sloan J, Schwartz AG, Funkhouser E, Peters ES, Cote ML, Alberg AJ, Terry P, Bondy M, Paddock LE, Crankshaw S, Wang F, Camacho F, Schildkraut JM. Recreational physical activity and ovarian cancer risk in African American women. Cancer Med. 2016;5(6):1319-27.
- Adorno M, Garbee D, Marix ML. Advanced literature searches. Clin Nurse Spec. 2016;30(3):141-144.
- Barham HP, Sacks R, Harvey RJ. Hemostatic materials and devices. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2016;49(3):577-84.
- Dimitriades VR, Sorensen R. Rheumatologic manifestations of primary immunodeficiency diseases. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35(4):843-50.
- Kangelaris KN, Ware LB, Wang CY, Janz DR, Zhuo H, Matthay MA, Calfee CS. Timing of intubation and clinical outcomes in adults with acute respiratory distress syndrome. Crit Care Med. 2016;44(1):120-129.
- Kepper M, Sothern M, Zabaleta J, Ravussin E, Velasco-Gonzalez C, Leonardi C, Griffiths L, Park C, Estrada J, Scribner R. Prepubertal children exposed to concentrated disadvantage: An exploratory analysis of inflammation and metabolic dysfunction. Obesity. 2016;24(5):1148-53.
- Kline DG. Silas Weir Mitchell and “The Strange Case of George Dedlow”. Neurosurg Focus. 2016;41(1):E5.
- Polhemus DJ, Gao J, Scarborough AL, Trivedi R, McDonough KH, Goodchild TT, Smart F, Kapusta DR, Lefer DJ. Radiofrequency renal denervation protects the ischemic heart via inhibition of GRK2 and increased nitric oxide signaling. Circ Res. 2016;119(3):470-480.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.