Faculty Spotlight for June
A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Alapure BV, Lu Y, Peng H, Hong S. Surgical denervation of specific cutaneous nerves impedes excisional wound healing of small animal ear pinnae. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;[epub].
- Basting T, Lazartigues E. DOCA-salt hypertension: An update. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2017;19(4):32-017-0731-4.
- Bilgic E, Watanabe Y, Nepomnayshy D, Gardner A, Fitzgibbons S, Ghaderi I, Alseidi A, Stefanidis D, Paige JT, Seymour N, McKendy KM, Birkett R, Whitledge J, Kane E, Anton NE, Vassiliou MC, Simulation Committee of the Association for Surgical Education. Multicenter proficiency benchmarks for advanced laparoscopic suturing tasks. Am J Surg. 2017;213(2):217-221.
- Bunker DJ, Newsome DB, Petit LM, Richardson WS, Weiss AL. Perceptions of exercise during medical school. Acad Psychiatry. 2017;[epub].
- Crapanzano JT, Harrison-Bernard LM, Jones MR, Kaye AD, Richter EO, Potash MN. High frequency spinal cord stimulation for complex regional pain syndrome: A case report. Pain Physician. 2017;20(1):E177-E182.
- Drell MJ. Teaching psychodynamic therapy during difficult times: One child training director’s experience. Acad Psychiatry. 2017;[epub].
- Gary CC. Pediatric nasal surgery: Timing and technique. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;25[epub].
- Ronis M, Mercer K, Engi B, Pulliam C, Zimniak P, Hennings L, Shearn C, Badger T, Petersen D. Global deletion of glutathione S-transferase A4 exacerbates developmental nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Am J Pathol. 2017;187(2):418-430.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.