Faculty Publications Display Updated for October
A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Deputy SR. Arm weakness in a child following chiropractor manipulation of the neck. Semin Pediatr Neurol. 2014;21(2):124-126.
- El-Abassi R, Singhal D, England JD. Fabry’s disease. J Neurol Sci. 2014;344:5-19.
- Johnson JL, Crawford LD, LaRochelle JM. A summer diabetes camp as an interprofessional service-learning experience for early experiential pharmacy students. Currents Pharm Teach Learn. 2014;6(4):494-501.
- Kalil DM, Silvestro LS, Austin PN. Novel preoperative pharmacologic methods of preventing postoperative sore throat due to tracheal intubation. AANA J. 2014;82(3):188-197.
- Kim H, Abd Elmageed ZY, Davis C, El-Bahrawy AH, Naura AS, Ekaidi I, Abdel-Mageed AB, Boulares AH. Correlation between PDZK1, Cdc37, akt, and breast cancer malignancy: The role of PDZK1 in cell growth through akt stabilization by increasing and interacting with Cdc37. Mol Med. 2014;20270-279.
- Lin Y, Yen Y, Chen H, Liu Y, Chang C, Chen C, Chen F, Hsu C, Lee C, Hu C, Huang H. Child dental fear in low-income and non-low-income families: A school-based survey study. J Dental Sci. 2014;9(2):165-171.
- Noell CM, Rose E, Nesbitt LT. Merkel cell carcinoma presenting as right leg edema in a multiple myeloma patient. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014;71(2):e50-2.
- Ripke S, Buccola NG, et al. Biological insights from 108 schizophrenia-associated genetic loci. Nature. 2014;511(7510):421-+.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.