May Health Observances Display
The Isché Library is featuring books about subjects related to upcoming health observances in the Month of May! Information about these health observances as well as the featured books are in the New Books display. The display is located near the 3rd floor elevator. Subjects include Sports Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Dermatology, Environmental Public Health, and Immunology.
These books and many more are available for checkout and/or online access. If you have questions about checking out a book, do not hesitate to ask a library staff member.
May 26 is Heat Safety Awareness Day.
- PHTLS : Prehospital Trauma Life Support, 6th ed., by Norman E. Mcswain, Scott Frame, Jeffrey P. Salomone, Naemt Staff.
- Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine, 5th ed., edited by James R. Roberts, Jerris R. Hedges.
- Clinical Sports Medicine, 3rd ed., by Peter Brukner, Karim Khan.
- Motivating People to be Physically Active, by Bess H.Marcus, LeighAnn H. Forsyth.
- Physique, Fitness, and Performance, 2nd ed., by Thomas Battinelli.
- A Lifelong Guide to Wellness and Prevention, by Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Allied Health Professions. Also available in E-book format!
- ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 8th ed., by American College of Sports Medicine; senior editor, Walter R. Thompson; associate editors, Neil F. Gordon, Linda S. Pescatello.
- Melanoma: Prevention, Detection, and Treatment, by Catherine M.Poole with DuPont Guerry IV; drawings by David Low.
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, 6th ed., by Thomas Bernard Fitzpatrick. Newer edition available in E-book format!
- Cancers of the Skin: Proceedings of the 8th World Congress, edited by R.Dummer, F.O. Nestle and G. Burg.
May 22 – 28 is Healthy and Safe Swimming Week.
- Water Recreation and Disease : Plausibility of Associated Infections : Acute Effects, Sequelae, and Mortality, by Kathy Pond.
- Guidelines for Safe Recreational Water Environments, Volumes 1 & 2. by the World Health Organization.
- Global Surveillance, Prevention, and Control of Chronic Respiratory Diseases : A Comprehensive Approach, edited by Jean Bousquet and Nikolai Khaltaev; core contributors were Alvaro A. Cruz … et al. Also available in E-book format!
- Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease, 6th ed., by Terry Des Jardins, George G. Burton ; medical illustrations by Timothy H. Phelps.
- Bronchial Asthma : A Guide for Practical Understanding and Treatment, 5th ed., edited by M. Eric Gershwin, Timothy E. Albertson.
- Allergy, 3rd ed., edited by Stephen T. Holgate, Martin K. Church, Lawrence M. Lichtenstein.
- Atlas of Allergic Diseases, edited by Phillip L. Lieberman, Michael S. Blaiss; with 39 contributors.