Our latest New Books Display highlights a few of the E-books in the Thieme Clinical Collections.
The Thieme Clinical Collections provide access to Thieme Publisher’s books for the medical specialties. The current collection includes over 600 books published from 2000-2017. Specialties include audiology, dentistry, gastroenterology, internal medicine, neurology, neurosurgery, nuclear medicine, obstetrics & gynecology, ophthalmology, orthodontics, orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, orthopedic trauma, otolaryngology, otology, pathology, pediatric neurology, physical therapy, plastic surgery, radiology, surgery, urology, and more.
- Plastic Surgery Emergencies: Principles and Techniques — Bullocks, Jamal M.; Hsu, Patrick W.; Izaddoost, Shayan A.; et al.: 2017
- Decision Making in Orthopaedic Trauma — Marmor, Meir T.: 2017
- Physical Examination of the Spine — Albert, Todd; Vaccaro, Alexander: 2017
- Differential Diagnosis in Neuroimaging: Spine — Meyers, Steven P.: 2017
- Hand and Wrist Anatomy and Biomechanics: A Comprehensive Guide — Hirt, Bernhard; Seyhan, Harun; Wagner, Michael; et al.: 2017
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery: A Practical Guide — Francis, Brian A.; Sarkisian, Steven R.; Tan, James C.: 2017
- Pediatric Otolaryngology: Practical Clinical Management — Clarke, R. W.: 2017
- Abdominal Ultrasound: Step by Step — Block, Berthold: 2016
- Facial Nerve Disorders and Diseases: Diagnosis and Management — Guntinas-Lichius, Orlando; Schaitkin, Barry M.: 2016
- Orthopedic Biomechanics — Brinckmann, Paul; Frobin, Wolfgang; Leivseth, Gunnar; et al.: 2016
- Pelvic Pain and Dysfunction: A Differential Diagnosis Manual — Philip, Peter A.: 2016
- Clinical Epidemiology of Orthopaedic Trauma — Su, Yanling; Chen, Wei; Wang, Juan; et al.: 2016
- The Chronic Ear — Dornhoffer, John L.; Gluth, Michael B.: 2016
- Patient Blood Management — Gombotz, Hans; Zacharowski, Kai; Spahn, Donat Rudolf: 2016
- Atlas of Peripheral Regional Anesthesia: Anatomy and Techniques — Meier, Gisela; Buettner, Johannes: 2016
These E-books and many more are included in the Thieme Clinical Collections.
If you have any questions about the collection or how to access our E-book collections, do not hesitate to contact a library staff member over chat, email, phone, or in person.
The Isché Library is featuring books about subjects related to upcoming health observances in the Month of May! Information about these health observances as well as the featured books are in the New Books display. The display is located near the 3rd floor elevator. Subjects include Sports Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Dermatology, Environmental Public Health, and Immunology.
These books and many more are available for checkout and/or online access. If you have questions about checking out a book, do not hesitate to ask a library staff member.
May 26 is Heat Safety Awareness Day.
May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month.
- Clinical Sports Medicine, 3rd ed., by Peter Brukner, Karim Khan.
- Motivating People to be Physically Active, by Bess H.Marcus, LeighAnn H. Forsyth.
- Physique, Fitness, and Performance, 2nd ed., by Thomas Battinelli.
- A Lifelong Guide to Wellness and Prevention, by Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Allied Health Professions. Also available in E-book format!
- ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 8th ed., by American College of Sports Medicine; senior editor, Walter R. Thompson; associate editors, Neil F. Gordon, Linda S. Pescatello.
May is Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month ®.
May 22 – 28 is Healthy and Safe Swimming Week.
May is National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month.
- Global Surveillance, Prevention, and Control of Chronic Respiratory Diseases : A Comprehensive Approach, edited by Jean Bousquet and Nikolai Khaltaev; core contributors were Alvaro A. Cruz … et al. Also available in E-book format!
- Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease, 6th ed., by Terry Des Jardins, George G. Burton ; medical illustrations by Timothy H. Phelps.
- Bronchial Asthma : A Guide for Practical Understanding and Treatment, 5th ed., edited by M. Eric Gershwin, Timothy E. Albertson.
- Allergy, 3rd ed., edited by Stephen T. Holgate, Martin K. Church, Lawrence M. Lichtenstein.
- Atlas of Allergic Diseases, edited by Phillip L. Lieberman, Michael S. Blaiss; with 39 contributors.
Making the internet rounds is this story, of a Tucson Mom who had been leaking cerebral spinal fluid for four months before it was caught. Endoscopic surgery at the University of Arizona repaired the cracks in her sphenoid sinus and stopped the gushing.