Our latest New Books Display highlights a few of the E-books in the Thieme Clinical Collections.
The Thieme Clinical Collections provide access to Thieme Publisher’s books for the medical specialties. The current collection includes over 600 books published from 2000-2017. Specialties include audiology, dentistry, gastroenterology, internal medicine, neurology, neurosurgery, nuclear medicine, obstetrics & gynecology, ophthalmology, orthodontics, orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, orthopedic trauma, otolaryngology, otology, pathology, pediatric neurology, physical therapy, plastic surgery, radiology, surgery, urology, and more.
- Plastic Surgery Emergencies: Principles and Techniques — Bullocks, Jamal M.; Hsu, Patrick W.; Izaddoost, Shayan A.; et al.: 2017
- Decision Making in Orthopaedic Trauma — Marmor, Meir T.: 2017
- Physical Examination of the Spine — Albert, Todd; Vaccaro, Alexander: 2017
- Differential Diagnosis in Neuroimaging: Spine — Meyers, Steven P.: 2017
- Hand and Wrist Anatomy and Biomechanics: A Comprehensive Guide — Hirt, Bernhard; Seyhan, Harun; Wagner, Michael; et al.: 2017
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery: A Practical Guide — Francis, Brian A.; Sarkisian, Steven R.; Tan, James C.: 2017
- Pediatric Otolaryngology: Practical Clinical Management — Clarke, R. W.: 2017
- Abdominal Ultrasound: Step by Step — Block, Berthold: 2016
- Facial Nerve Disorders and Diseases: Diagnosis and Management — Guntinas-Lichius, Orlando; Schaitkin, Barry M.: 2016
- Orthopedic Biomechanics — Brinckmann, Paul; Frobin, Wolfgang; Leivseth, Gunnar; et al.: 2016
- Pelvic Pain and Dysfunction: A Differential Diagnosis Manual — Philip, Peter A.: 2016
- Clinical Epidemiology of Orthopaedic Trauma — Su, Yanling; Chen, Wei; Wang, Juan; et al.: 2016
- The Chronic Ear — Dornhoffer, John L.; Gluth, Michael B.: 2016
- Patient Blood Management — Gombotz, Hans; Zacharowski, Kai; Spahn, Donat Rudolf: 2016
- Atlas of Peripheral Regional Anesthesia: Anatomy and Techniques — Meier, Gisela; Buettner, Johannes: 2016
These E-books and many more are included in the Thieme Clinical Collections.
If you have any questions about the collection or how to access our E-book collections, do not hesitate to contact a library staff member over chat, email, phone, or in person.
On April 21, 2017, from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in the Human Development Center (411 South Prieur Street), the School of Allied Health Professions will host the Geaux, Baby, Geaux! Workshop.
The workshop, sponsored by Numotion, will provide training for allied health professionals and early childhood educators who work with low-mobility children. Teams of participants will discuss their own ideas about powered mobility and prepare a ride-on car for a child with mobility needs. Ten of these modified ride-on cars will be given to children with disabilities.
The Go, Baby, Go! Program was developed by Drs. Cole Galloway and Sam Logan at the University of Delaware. Go, Baby, Go! is a research-based community program intended to provide motorized cars for children with limited mobility.
A presentation on advances helping to close the gaps in providing power mobility to young children will be given by Go, Baby, Go! developer Sam Logan, PhD, of Oregon State University’s College of Public Health and Human Sciences.
“Mobility is a basic human right, and occupational therapists recognize the importance of it because mobility contributes to social, cognitive, and communication development of children,” notes Kerrie Ramsdell, MS, LOTR, LSU Health New Orleans Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy. “Children who have limited mobility are at increased risk for more delays in these three areas. By offering power mobility, we have the ability to aid the overall development of children with motor impairments.”
The Library is pleased to announce that we have received special funding from the Board of Regents e-Textbook Project, Affordable Learning LOUISiana, to purchase 2 required textbooks for Spring 2017:
Analyzing and conceptualizing the theoretical foundations of nursing by Janice Morse (2017) for NURS 7307 taught by Dr. Gloria Giarratano
Vestibular disorders: a case-study approach to diagnosis and treatment, 3rd ed., by Joseph Furman (2010) for SPTHAUD 7323 taught by Rachel Wood.
These books are available with unlimited users and can be accessed anytime and from anywhere (on or off campus) through the EBSCO eBook Collection.
Dr. Joseph C. Rallo, Commissioner of Higher Education, directed the Board of Regents to find ways that the state could help students with the increasing costs of education and, in particular, textbooks. The Affordable Learning LOUISiana program is coordinated by LOUIS: the Louisiana Library Network, a consortium of higher education libraries in the state. Through LOUIS, member libraries can participate in a variety of collaborative purchases that help reduce the costs of library resources such as databases, online journals, and ebooks. LSUHSC-NO has been a member library for many years, and we are grateful for the LOUIS staff and all of their efforts to help improve higher education in the state of Louisiana.
The Library has a large collection of ebooks through a variety of sources, so be sure to check the INNOPAC catalog and our eBooks LibGuide for more information. For help with remote access, please consult our Off-Campus Access Information.
Meet Julie & Simon. Or Misaki and Kyoko. Or Annike and Sven.
These free text-to-speech avatars turn text into speech with options to modulate speed, pitch, dialects, and more. This useful tool for speech therapists is engaging for the non clinicians as well – if only for the fact their eyes follow the mouse around the screen.
Found via the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association – Research Databases and Other Online Tools.