A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Avegno J, Carlisle M. Evaluating the patient with right upper quadrant abdominal pain. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2016;34(2):211-228.
- Bender CL, Yang Q, Sun L, Liu SJ. NH125 reduces the level of CPEB3, an RNA binding protein, to promote synaptic GluA2 expression. Neuropharmacology. 2016;101531-7.
- Chuang GC, Xia H, Mahne SE, Varner KJ. Environmentally persistent free radicals cause apoptosis in HL-1 cardiomyocytes. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2016;[published online in April].
- Fink DS, Sibley H, Kunduk M, Schexnaildre M, Sutton C, Kakade-Pawar A, McWhorter AJ. Functional outcomes after salvage transoral laser microsurgery for laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016;[published online in April].
- Ozdemir A, Machida K, Imataka H, Catling AD. Identification of the T-complex protein as a binding partner for newly synthesized cytoplasmic dynein intermediate chain 2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469(1):126-131.
- Richard EB, Williamson EA, Jackson SM, Stryjewska BM. A rare form of Hansen’s disease presenting as filiform verrucous papules on the feet. JAAD Case Rep. 2016;2(2):105-107.
- Wang YZ, Beyer DT, Hall M. Obturator canal lymph node metastasis from rectal carcinoid tumors: Total mesorectal excision may be insufficient. J Gastrointest Surg. 2016;20(6):1247-52.
- Weed PF, Filipeanu CM, Ketchum MJ, Winsauer PJ. Chronic Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol during adolescence differentially modulates striatal CB1 receptor expression and the acute and chronic effects on learning in adult rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2016;356(1):20-31.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.