In order to be reimbursed for the actual cost of lodging while attending a conference,
ALL of the following must be submitted :
- Prior approval on section #4 (Conference lodging section) of the travel prior approval form must be marked and signed.
- Documentation from the designated conference hotel(s) showing the designated conference rate. Usually this can be found on the conference website and/or conference registration form or agenda.
- If there are multiple designated conference hotels offering varying rates, the traveler may choose one of these as long as documentation detailed in #1 and #2 are submitted. Choosing the lowest available conference rate is strongly encouraged.
- If the designated conference hotel(s) is sold out, a statement of non-availability must be submitted. This is usually accomplished through an email directly from the host hotel(s) and/or a sold out statement on the conference website. In this scenario, reimbursement will be capped at the designated conference hotel rate (plus tax).
- If your conference does not have a designated conference hotel, reimbursement will be capped at the applicable tier city rate (plus tax).
See section #4 on prior:
Allowance for cost of conference/meeting/training seminar lodging for single occupancy standard room (applies only to a desginated conference/meeting/training seminar hotel) DOCUMENTATION FROM CONFERENCE SHOWING CONFERENCE RATE REQUIRED. IF CONFERENCE HOTEL NOT AVAILABLE, DOCUMENTATION OF NON AVAILABILTY REQUIRED