Travel Mileage Policy
- Mileage allowance for use of personal vehicles for FY20 is broken down as follows:
- .58 cents per mile 7-1-2019 thru 12-31-2019
- .575 cents per mile 1-1-2020 thru 6-30-2020
Enterprise remains the state contract vendor for in-state University business travel and should be used when applicable.
- Due to the additional fees charges at airport locations, employees should not make reservations at these locations.
- Employees may reserve an Enterprise rental car in using LSUHSC's corporate discount number. Please contact your departmental business office for this code.
- Call a local Enterprise Rent-A-Car branch during business hours.
- Call 1-800-Rent-A-Car (24 hours a day)
- Access the Enterprise website
- NOTE: Reservations are to be made 24 hours in advance for guaranteed vehicle class/size.
- Out of State rental car contracts- Enterprise/ National, Hertz https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reservation/
- Employees using their personal vehicle for business should ensure they are adequately covered under their personal insurance policy. State law requires that the employee’s insurance carrier be the primary insurer. The Office of Risk Management covers collision damage up to $1,000.
- CDW/ Damage Waiver Insurance and $1 Million Liability Protection Coverage is included in the State Motor Pool Rental Contract price through Enterprise Rent-A-Car. NO OTHER INSURANCE WILL BE REIMBURSED WHEN RENTING, EXCEPT WHEN RENTING OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES. If a collision occurs on University business, the accident should be reported immediately to the Office of Risk Management and the vehicle rental company, when applicable.
- Payments for vehicle rentals can be made using the LaCarte p-card or their personal credit card. If the LaCarte p-card is used, please include the signed travel prior approval form with the rental car receipt.
- Gasoline for rental vehicles may be purchased with a personal credit card. If a personal credit card is used to pay for fuel, original receipts along with a signed travel prior and voucher must be submitted for reimbursement.
- Any non-state state employee designated as an authorized traveler for the University must sign an acknowledgement form prior to riding in or driving a state-owned vehicle or rental vehicle on behalf of the State.