The first New Books display for Fall 2018 is now posted on the New Books Shelf (3rd floor of the Ische Library)! This display highlights some course textbooks for medical students as well as other titles of interest for faculty, students, and staff on two of our newest e-book resources: Access Neurology and ClinicalKey!
(* denotes course textbook for medicine)
Access Neurology Titles:
- Clinical Neurology and Neuroanatomy: a localization-based approach by Berkowitz, 2017*
- Molecular Neuropharmacology: a foundation for clinical neuroscience by Nestler, 3rd ed. 2015*
- The Hospital Neurology Book edited by Salardini and Biller, 2016.
- Neuromuscular Disorders by Amato and Russell, 2nd ed. 2016
- DeMyer’s The Neurologic Examination: a programmed text by Biller, Gruener, and Brazis, 7th ed. 2017
- Depression in Medical Illness edited by Barsky and Silbersweig, 2016
- Pediatric Practice: Neurology edited by Carney and Geyer, 2010
- Neuroanatomy Text and Atlas by John H. Martin, 4th ed. 2012
- Principles of Medical Biochemistry by Meisenberg, 4th ed. 2017*
- Thompson and Thompson Genetics in Medicine by Nussbaum, 8th ed. 2016*
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease edited by Kumar, Abbas, and Aster, 9th ed. 2015*
- Sedation: a guide to patient management by Malamed, 6th ed. 2018*
- Atlas of Essential Procedures by Tuggy and Garcia, 2011
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Diagnosis, Treatment and Evidence by Carole Jenny, 2011
- Signs and Symptoms in Family Medicine: a Literature-Based Approach edited by Paulman, 2012
- Principles of Gender-Specific Medicine: gender in the genomic era by Legato, 3rd ed. 2017
- Travel Medicine edited by Keystone, 3rd ed. 2013
- Integrative Medicine by Rakel, 4th ed. 2018
- Textbook of Physical Diagnosis: history and examination by Swartz, 7th ed. 2014
- Roberts and Hedges’ Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine and Acute Care edited by Roberts, 7th ed. 2019
Looking for Benumof and Hagberg’s Airway Management? The authors have changed the name on the new edition! Aren’t they collegial taking turns on whose name goes first? The 2018, 4th edition is now Hagberg and Benumof’s Airway Management, and we have it online through our ClinicalKey subscription. We also have the previous edition (3rd, 2012) online via ScienceDirect and in good ol’ fashioned print.
We are pleased to announce that the library recently subscribed to ClinicalKey, one of Elsevier’s ebook and online journal platforms. ClinicalKey includes over 1,000 books including some of the most popular and well-known textbooks in health sciences. Regardless of your department or program, there is probably a book for you in here! Below is just a tiny snapshot of titles to pique your interest:
ClinicalKey’s journal collection includes over 650 titles including the famed Clinics (aka Clinics of North America). AND ClinicalKey is also a decision support and point-of-care tool that includes Patient Education, Guidelines, Procedures, and Clinical Overviews. Register for free to create your personalized profile where you can access Continuing Medical Education, save your searches, and create presentations.
Please check it out and familiarize yourself with this amazing resource. If you need any assistance please contact your Librarian Liaison for further assistance.