A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
1. Bankhead S, Jackson J, Brodell R. Annular plaques on the back and flanks. J Fam Pract. 2015;64:47-49.
2. Brickman TM, Stark MW, Jeyakumar A. Unusual case of neonatal hypercalcemia. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015;79:758-9.
3. Bruce-Keller AJ, Salbaum JM, Luo M, Blanchard E IV, Taylor CM, Welsh DA, Berthoud H-R. Obese-type gut microbiota induce neurobehavioral changes in the absence of obesity. Biol Psychiatry. 2015;77:607-615.
4. Cardenas D, Carter PM, Nation CS, Pizarro JC, Guidry J, Aiyar A, Kelly BL. LACK, a RACK1 ortholog, facilitates cytochrome c oxidase subunit expression to promote Leishmania major fitness. Mol Microbiol. 2015;96:95-109.
5. Diaz JH. Increasing risks of human dirofilariasis in travelers. J Travel Med. 2015;22:116-123.
6. Ghonim MA, Pyakurel K, Ju J, Rodriguez PC, Lammi MR, Davis C, Abughazleh MQ, Mansy MS, Naura AS, Boulares AH. DNA-dependent protein kinase inhibition blocks asthma in mice and modulates human endothelial and CD4+ T-cell function without causing severe combined immunodeficiency. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;135:425-440.
7. Janz DR, Bastarache JA, Rice TW, Bernard GR, Warren MA, Wickersham N, Sills G, Oates JA, Roberts LJ II, Ware LB. Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of acetaminophen for the reduction of oxidative injury in severe sepsis: The acetaminophen for the reduction of oxidative injury in severe sepsis trial. Crit Care Med. 2015;43:534-541.
8. Katner A, Lackovic M, Streva K, Paul V, Trachtman WC. Evaluation of available data sources to prioritize parishes for arsenic monitoring and outreach related to private well drinking water. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015;21 Suppl 2:S93-S101.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.