A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. This month they will be joining the eight July articles that were bumped by our special Katrina displays for August and September. These articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Case J. Review of career development, employment, and disability in rehabilitation: From theory to practice. Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin. 2015;58(4):250-251.
- Crawford RR, Prescott ET, Sylvester CF, Higdon AN, Shan J, Kilberg MS, Mungrue IN. Human CHAC1 protein degrades glutathione, and mRNA induction is regulated by the transcription factors ATF4 and ATF3 and a bipartite ATF/CRE regulatory element. J Biol Chem. 2015;290(25):15878-15891.
- Krause PC, Braud JL, Whatley JM. Total hip arthroplasty after previous fracture surgery. Orthop Clin North Am. 2015;46(2):193-213.
- Oge’ LK, Muncie HL,Jr., Phillips-Savoy AR. Rosacea: Diagnosis and treatment. Am Fam Physician. 2015;92(3):187-196.
- Paige JT, Garbee DD, Brown KM, Rojas JD. Using simulation in interprofessional education. Surg Clin North Am. 2015;95(4):751-766.
- Polhemus DJ, Bradley JM, Islam KN, Brewster LP, Calvert JW, Tao Y, Chang CC, Pipinos II, Goodchild TT, Lefer DJ. Therapeutic potential of sustained release sodium nitrite for critical limb ischemia in the setting of metabolic syndrome. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015;309(1):H82-92.
- Reed JR, Cruz ALND, Lomnicki SM, Backes WL. Inhibition of cytochrome P450 2B4 by environmentally persistent free radical-containing particulate matter. Biochem Pharmacol. 2015;95(2):126-132.
- Sillah NM, Ibrahim AM, Lau FH, Shah J, Medin C, Lee BT, Lin SJ. The new accreditation council for graduate medical education next accreditation system milestones evaluation system: What is expected and how are plastic surgery residency programs preparing? Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015;136(1):181-187.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.