A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
1. Crawford RR, Higdon AN, Casey DB, Good DE, Mungrue IN. Multiple lithium-dependent brugada syndrome unmasking events in a bipolar patient. Clin Case Rep. 2015; 3:14-18.
2. Luna-Tapia A, Kerns ME, Eberle KE, Jursic BS, Palmer GE. Trafficking through the late endosome significantly impacts candida albicans tolerance of the azole antifungals. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015; 59(4)2410-2420.
3. Musto AE, Walker CP, Petasis NA, Bazan NG. Hippocampal neuro-networks and dendritic spine perturbations in epileptogenesis are attenuated by neuroprotectin d1. PLoS One. 2015; 10:e0116543.
4. Nau F Jr; Miller J; Saravia J; Ahlert T; Yu B; Happel KI; Cormier SA; Nichols CD. Serotonin 5-HT2 receptor activation prevents allergic asthma in a mouse model. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015; 38:L191-L198.
5. Paige JT, Arora S, Fernandez G, Seymour N. Debriefing 101: Training faculty to promote learning in simulation-based training. Am J Surg. 2015; 209:126-131.
6. Smart SE, Crosby T, Jeyakumar A. An adolescent with a skin lesion. squamous cell carcinoma of the skin secondary to voriconazole-induced photosensitivity. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 140:979-980.
7. Sriramula S, Xia H, Xu P, Lazartigues E. Brain-targeted angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 overexpression attenuates neurogenic hypertension by inhibiting cyclooxygenase-mediated inflammation. Hypertension. 2015; 65:577-86.
8. Wilk A, Wyczechowska D, Zapata A, Dean M; Mullinax J; Marrero L; Parsons C; Peruzzi F; Culicchia F; Ochoa A; Grabacka M; Reiss K. Molecular mechanisms of fenofibrate-induced metabolic catastrophe and glioblastoma cell death. Mol Cell Biol. 2015; 35:182-198.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.